The Big Ride 2015
You can ride 1 stage (3 days), multiple stages, or all 5 stages! Dates and breakdown are below!
The 1400 Miles ‘Big Ride’ is a fully supported journey of a lifetime on a road bike spanning 1,400 miles from Austin, Texas to Denver, Colorado. Starting on Sunday, September 6th 2015 – Ending on Saturday, September 20th 2015
Regular Registraion is now open! Last day to register is July 31st, 2015.
Regular registration Deposit Fee: 1 Leg = $250, Entire Ride = $500 (THIS FEE WILL BE APPLIED TO YOUR DONATION GOAL)
The Big Ride Perks!
- Hand up support of food and hydration from the SAG van
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner prepared by a chef! Snacks and of course Craft Beer are also included!
- Double Occupancy motel/hotel accommodations provided starting Sunday, September 6th ending Saturday the 19th
- Fully supported SAG vehicles, Mechanical and First Aid Support
- Daily Stretch and Massage
- You are welcome to hop in the van at any time to rest/break
Want to ride? Here is how:
First, pick the dates! You can either participate in the whole ride (all 5 stages), or break your journey down to 1 or a series of stages. Dates are listed below.
*** If you do not want to fundraise, you can make a donation to your own page for the reamaining amount.
Once you have signed up and paid the registration price (registration will go towards your goal), you will be prompted to choose your fundraising goal (it will be automatically populated for 1 leg at $2,800). Each leg is $2,800/person. Here is the breakdown of fundraising goals to participate in consecutive legs. You can pick which legs you would like to participate in.
- 1 stage, Fundraising Goal $2,800/person.
- 5 stages (The whole 1,400 mile ride) Fundraising Goal $14,000/person (a minimum of $8,000 raised is required to ride in the entire ride).
*** Note. Upon reaching each fundraising goal, you can choose to participate in any order. Example, if your team raises $5,800, you can choose to have 1 person participate in the 1st leg and 5th leg, or 3rd leg and 5th leg (or any order you wish with a maximum of 2 legs). Or if your team raises $5,800 you could have 2 people participate in 1 of any of the 5 legs.
Create or Join a Team!
Once you have registered for your ride, you have the optiont to join or create a team! Each team has their own fundraising goal. By joining or creating a team, your personal fundriasing efforts will also be reflected in the teams efforts!
Twisted X Brewing Company
Become a Virtual Rider!
If you cannot participate in the ride, you can still be a part of the Journey! For $10, you can become a virtual rider. Here you can set a fundraising goal for yourself, and even join a team to help your favorite team reach their goal! At the end of the day, you never even need to hop on a bike, and you will be helping 1400 Miles change the tone of prostate cancer!
To become a Virtual Rider, click the orange "Participate as an Individual" or the orange "Join a team" button located in the upper right corner of this page. Then choose: "Virtual Rider" as a ticket type, and finish the transaction. Once you have done this, you will get a personal fundriaising page where you can personalize your story and reason for becoming a virtual rider!
The Dates and Locations!
Day 1 | Sunday, September 6 | View Map
Austin to Brownwood
Elevation Gain 5686 ft.
Day 2 | Monday, September 7 | View Map
Brownwood to Sweetwater
Elevation Gain 3428 ft.
Day 3 | Tuesday, September 8 | View Map
Sweetwater to Lubbock
Elevation Gain 2274 ft.
Day 4 | Wednesday, September 9 | View Map
Lubbock to Clovis
Elevation Gain 1335 ft.
Day 5 | Thursday, September 10 | View Map
Clovis to Santa Rosa
Elevation Gain 4259 ft.
Day 6 | Friday, September 11 | View Map
Santa Rosa to Santa Fe
Elevation Gain 6285 ft.
Day 7 | Saturday, September 12
Day 8 | Sunday, September 13 | View Map
Santa Fe to Abiquiu
Elevation Gain 4267 ft.
Day 9 | Monday, September 14 | View Map
Abiquiu to Pagosa Springs
Elevation Gain 6452 ft.
Day 10 | Tuesday, September 15 | View Map
Pagosa Springs to Southfork
Elevation Gain 4752 ft.
Day 11 | Wednesday, September 16 | View Map
Southfork to Salida
Elevation Gain 1949 ft.
Day 12 | Thursday, September 17 | View Map
Salida to Leadville
Elevation Gain 5478 ft.
Day 13 | Friday, September 18 | View Map
Leadville to Granby
Elevation Gain 5,139 ft.
Day 14 | Saturday, September 19 | View Map
Granby to Boulder
Elevation Gain 8430 ft.
Day 15 | Sunday, September 20
Boulder to Denver
Route Coming Soon
The Big Ride Rider Requirements
Booking Your Journey
You must be at the starting location by 6 AM for your first day of your ride. (This date will vary based on which Leg/Legs you are participating in.)
Transportation to and From:
- 1400 Miles will provide transportation to and from airport in the city of the start/end location based on legs.
- 1400 Miles will not provide airline tickets.
Starting a Team
- Minimum Fundraising requirement: $2,800/leg/person
- Number of people per team: You can have up to 5 people/team. $2,800/person/leg. This allows teams to send a different person to complete each leg. If you want to have all 5 of your teammates participate in the same legs, you can, but you must raise $2,800/person/leg.
- Once you register your team, you will get a team fundraising page. You can make it as personal as you wish.
- Fundraising Support and Guidance will be provided.
*** Details, routes and stopping cities are subject to change