You can ride 1 stage (3 days) or all 5 stages! Dates and breakdown are below!
The 1400 Miles ‘Big Ride’ is a fully supported journey of a lifetime on a road bike spanning 1,400 miles from Austin, Texas to Denver, Colorado. Starting on Sunday, September 18th 2016 – Ending on Sunday, October 2nd 2016
Regular Registraion is now open! Last day to register is July 31st, 2016.
Regular registration Deposit Fee: 1 Stage = $150, Entire Ride = $250 (THIS FEE WILL BE APPLIED TO YOUR DONATION GOAL)
The Big Ride Perks!
- Hand up support of food and hydration from the SAG van
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner prepared by a chef! Snacks and of course Craft Beer are also included!
- Double Occupancy motel/hotel accommodations provided starting Sunday, September 6th ending Saturday the 19th
- Fully supported SAG vehicles, Mechanical and First Aid Support
- Daily Stretch and Massage
- You are welcome to hop in the van at any time to rest/break
Want to ride? Here is how:
- Commit to a stage or the entire ride! Remember! You can start by registering for a stage, but if you raise enough money for the entire ride, you can commit to the entire ride.
- Register by clicking the bright oragne "register here" button on the right hand side.
- After you register, you MUST sign up for your FREE Fundraising Page.
- This is the page that you will send out to your family, friends, co-workers and strangers to raise money and reach your goal! This is where you will personalize your page!
- Set your fundraising goals!
- 1 Stage: $2,800
- Entire Rige: $8,500
- Start fundraising! Need tips? Here are some ideas to help kickstart your fundraising innitiative.
Create or Join a Team!
Once you have registered for your ride, you have the optiont to join or create a team! Each team has their own fundraising goal. By joining or creating a team, your personal fundriasing efforts will also be reflected in the teams efforts!
The Dates and Locations!
Day 1 | Sunday, September 18 | View Map
Redhorn Coffee House & Brewing Company to Brownwood, TX
Elevation Gain 4813 ft.
Day 2 | Monday, September 19 | View Map
Brownwood, TX to Sweetwater, TX
Elevation Gain 3460 ft.
Day 3 | Tuesday, September 20 | View Map
Sweetwater, TX to Lubbock, TX
Elevation Gain 2396 ft.
Day 4 | Wednesday, September 21 | View Map
Lubbock, TX to Clovis, NM
Elevation Gain 1414 ft.
Day 5 | Thursday, September 22 | View Map
Clovis, NM to Santa Rosa, NM
Elevation Gain 2588 ft.
Day 6 | Friday, September 23 | View Map
Santa Rosa, NM to Santa Fe, NM
Elevation Gain 6972 ft.
Day 7 | Saturday, September 24
Santa Fe, NM - Local City Ride
Miles & Elevation TBD - We will be shown the town by a local bike group.
Day 8 | Sunday, September 25 | View Map
Santa Fe, NM to Abiquiu, NM
Elevation Gain 1814 ft.
Day 9 | Monday, September 26 | View Map
Abiquiu, NM to Pagosa Springs, CO
Elevation Gain 6665 ft.
Day 10 | Tuesday, September 27 | View Map
Pagosa Springs, CO to Del Norte, CO
Elevation Gain 4267 ft.
Day 11 | Wednesday, September 28 | View Map
Del Norte, CO to Salida, CO
Elevation Gain 1944 ft.
Day 12 | Thursday, September 29 | View Map
Salida, CO to Leadville, CO
Elevation Gain 4047 ft.
Day 13 | Friday, September 30 | View Map
Leadville, CO to Grand Lake, CO
Elevation Gain 4752 ft.
Day 14 | Saturday, October 1 | View Map
Grand Lake, CO to Longmont, CO
Elevation Gain 5282 ft.
Day 15 | Sunday, October 2 | View Map
Longmont, CO to Denver, CO
Elevation Gain 1594 ft.
The Big Ride Rider Requirements
Booking Your Journey
You must be at the starting location by 6 AM for your first day of your ride. (This date will vary based on which Leg/Legs you are participating in.)
Transportation to and From:
- 1400 Miles will provide transportation to and from airport in the city of the start/end location based on legs.
- 1400 Miles will not provide airline tickets.
Starting a Team
- Minimum Fundraising requirement: $2,800/leg/person
- Number of people per team: You can have up to 5 people/team. $2,800/person/leg. This allows teams to send a different person to complete each leg. If you want to have all 5 of your teammates participate in the same legs, you can, but you must raise $2,800/person/leg.
- Once you register your team, you will get a team fundraising page. You can make it as personal as you wish.
- Fundraising Support and Guidance will be provided.
*** Details, routes and stopping cities are subject to change